£27 – 30,000 DOE
Interested in working for a company that has great ambitions, is down to earth and has invested in a brand new manufacturing site as well as New Product Development? One that offers a bonus scheme, flexible working and free hot drinks with 28 days holiday, plus an extra day for every year (up to 5 extra). Well, read on…
Did you know that cake is still the most favourite sweet treat of the UK public?
At Queensland Bakery we manufacture and supply delicious ambient, thaw to serve and bake off sweet baked treats. Family owned with over 100 years’ baking experience, our delicious products have satisfied generations of hungry customers who find nourishment and comfort in our slices of indulgent home-baked favourites.
We’re excited to be able to offer you a career with real potential in a fast growing innovative, fun environment where every member of the team is respected and encouraged to realise their potential.
If you love sweet bakery products, we might have just the role for you. We’re looking for a Food Safety & Quality Technologist who is organised with a passion for quality, has a keen eye for detail and the ambition to deliver a robust food safety culture. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for driving the organisation’s compliance with all applicable standard for food safety and quality with regard to suppliers, raw materials, specifications, risk assessments and testing.
If you have the relevant qualifications, skills and experience, and have a real can-do attitude, excellent people skills and the ability to build strong relationships get in touch.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating, issuing and maintaining all specification details for finished goods, raw materials and client specification systems.
- Maintaining risk assessments and all associated records.
- Managing and maintaining supplier approvals for food safety, quality and ethical trading.
- Preparing, coordinating, keeping records and actioning follow ups for reviews, product testing schedules and KPI trending reports.
- Supporting staff induction and training activities with documentation, material preparation, record keeping and organisation.
- Actively participating in maintaining full compliance to the applicable standards for food safety, hygiene and quality, including championing best industry practices (minimum BRC v9).
- Coordinating tasks / workloads with colleagues.
- Assisting with the hosting of audits / related visits and auditing of suppliers, where necessary.
- Supporting traceability activities for the team, including product incidents, withdrawals and recalls.
You will need:
- Qualified to Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing as a minimum.
- Experienced in maintaining BRCGS compliant records (v8 or v9).
- To be organised, methodical and motivated and be able to plan tasks with a great attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a team and liaise with clients.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Good foundational numeracy skills.
- At least one year’s experience in a similar role.
- Experience in bakery aspects of food industry.
- Experience in complying with Client Codes of Practice.